Bells & Whistles
The low cost of living at the villas is one of Sungai’s most defining features.
Breakfast and first night canapés are included in the room rate; other meals are charged at cost of ingredients only (no mark up for shopping and preparation); laundry is complimentary; as are all-day premium Nespresso coffees and TWG teas.
Want to take a day trip? Cocktails by the pool?
A chauffeured vehicle is also included! And the bar is provided at wholesale prices and BYO spirits are welcomed with no corkage. Don’t want to bring your own beverages? No problem. The villas have a full bar. These are just a few of the features of Sungai you could enjoy. Take a look at our full list to view the options Sungai can offer you for your unique experience.
Bells and Whistles (supplementary to our regular luxury Bali villa inclusions):
- Airport transfers with our VIP airport butler option both ways more details here
- You will be met at the airport by the manager or one of our most senior staff
- Local peanuts and kava chips + chilled wet washers and icy water in your chauffeured vehicle
- Snacks and soft drinks for children for the transfer
- 24hr staffing
- All day dining and bar
- No breakfast cut-off
- Signature cocktails on arrival (vodka/lime juice/ palm sugar based with kaffir and lemongrass infusions and topped with soda); Bintang beer if you prefer. Shirley Temples for children
- 15 min shoulder massages on arrival (except off late flights or in the case of an impending meal)
- Signature tuberoses in all bedrooms and throughout the villas
- Loaded iPods in guest rooms
- Relaxing and uplifting bergamot essential oil burners maintained in all guest rooms, Sungai Gold dining pavilion, and spa rooms
- Book marks
- LED in-canopy reading lights
- Book lights for single beds
- Luxury Swiss Chopard and bespoke natural bathroom amenities incl shampoo, conditioner, large and small soaps, body cream, shower gel, bath milk, sewing kits, shower caps
- Stylish sandals/slippers (incl for children)
- 5x magnified make-up mirrors
- Salon strength hair dryers
- GHD hair straightener (on request)
- Lounging gowns
- Spa gowns
- Sarongs for use poolside
- Sunglass and reading glass cleaning (on alternate days and on request)
- Luggage tags
- Turkish towels poolside in addition to plush pool towels (quick drying and usable as a sarong/wrap)
- Woven shoulder shopping bags
- Beach baskets (incl for children)
- Disposable hair towels
- Chilled wine glasses (and ice automatically offered for your wine..usually a ‘no-no’ but not for open-air dining in Bali)
- Large iPod music menu for dining and leisure pavilions
- Foot scrub and iced peppermint tea included with all massages
- Sealable plastic swimmers bags to allow last minute swimming pre departure for the airport
- Eye mask and ear plug kits for overnight flights
The Sungai Fragrance
As signature scents become as important as the architecture, thread counts and chef’s CV in luxury establishments, we are phasing in a bespoke fragrance into our spa and bathroom amenities alongside our luxury Swiss Chopard bathroom goodies.
Our unique scent created for us exclusively by John Marciano is based on our signature use of pure bergamot essential oils in guest suites and the delightfully diminutive two-three person Sungai Spa Suite. Bergamot is combined with citrus lily (which is a fragrance combining a light floral with cold pressed lemon essential oil) for bathroom amenities (soaps, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and massage oils) with its sweet almond oil and virgin coconut oil base. These are not only an olfactory pleasure sensation, but also leave your skin and hair heavenly smooth.
Note: These have the added benefit of being free from petroleum additives, fillers, animal by-products and artificial colours, something that the big manufacturers don’t have the time or patience to do… they are “made with love”.
VIP Airport Butler Service
The government has stopped all fast track airport services that used to see the immigration queues bypassed, however, as our guests have come to depend on our personal attention on arrival, we are offering a similar service whereby you will still be met off the plane as you enter the arrivals hall, and assisted through all facets of the airport clearance.
Instead of your immigration being handled on a priority basis as previously, the speed of the mandatory queue will depend on circumstances on the day. However, as previously, you will still not have to negotiate the throngs as you exit the airport (and then have to walk the long distance to the car park). You will instead be assisted by our airport butler who will deliver you to the villa manager, or his assistant, who will be waiting for you with your cooled vehicle. We have reduced the charge from the original 250,000rp to 150,000rp given that we cannot guarantee to eliminate the immigration phase. For approx. Just usd12/aud15 per passport i would highly recommend this special way of starting your stay with us. And in the case of any issues with luggage, passports, etc it is invaluable.
A similar service is available (@ 250,000Rp per passport) at departure which additionally allows you to arrive at the airport just 60 minutes prior to your flight. It will also save you lifting your luggage through security screenings, and all tedious queuing…our airport butler takes you straight to the counter where he will have arranged pre-seating where possible (wonderful if you are not flying business class). Once you have your boarding passes he will accompany you to clear Immigration and finally deliver you to your boarding gate (or leave you at the duty free shops if you prefer).
To find out more about the perks available to you during your stay at Villa Sungai and Sungai Gold, Bali, book an enquiry with us today.
Elizabeth and Alistair Morrison