Things to Do
With dramatic volcanoes, soaring seaside cliffs, green rice-terraced valleys and mystical temples hidden in traditional villages, Bali defies simple descriptions.
Things to do in Bali
- Explore the cooler air at the higher altitude of Bedugul’s lively fruit and vegetable markets and admire Beratan Lake and its floating temple
- Visit the sacred temple of Uluwatu followed by a traditional ‘kecak’ dance and a romantic seafood dinner on the beach at Jimbaran
- Find the perfect gifts and mingle with artisans in the villages of Tohpati, Celuk, Batuan and Mas
- Be adventurous and try river kayaking or white-water rafting.
- Explore in a different way with mountain biking and jungle trekking on Bali’s volcanoes.
- Have fun with the whole family at the Bali Marine and Safari Park.
- Visit wildlife at special parks devoted to birds, butterflies, monkeys and elephants. Kids will have a fabulous time!
- Organise a dive to explore Bali’s precious coral reefs or a fishing expedition with plenty of excitement for hunting the perfect catch.
- Learn to surf with professionals.
- Sailing, parasailing and other water sports
- Spot dolphins on the north coast or try a romantic horse-riding tour at sunset on the beach.
- Explore the outer islands on a cruise for a day trip offering a large variety of water sports.
- Waterbom Park. A good idea is to reserve a bale for the 1/2 day or day
Step onto one of the most picturesque golf courses ever built in Asia – the award-winning Nirwana Bali Golf Club, one of the most challenging and photographed 18-hole golf courses in the world. It is a visual masterpiece of panoramic ocean views and lush Balinese landscapes. Designed by Greg Norman, the golf course offers a spectacular adventure for golfers of all skill levels. Within walking distance of the golf course, take yourself back to the 16th century with a visit to the village of Tanah Lot and its famous sunset temple, one of the important directional temples in Bali. The temple is located on a rock just offshore.
Entertaining the Children
The traditions and culture of Bali beckon from every corner of Villa Sungai and Sungai Gold, and to enhance that for our younger guests we have added a number of personalised experiences highlighting the traditional village, and unlike the segregated experience at other resorts, these activities will be offered where their parents can observe/enjoy their children’s excitement or participate if they would like, or they can relax with their book and cocktails poolside or luxuriate in the spa facility, knowing that their children are having as much fun as them and are in the hands of the caring friendly staff that they have come to know so well during their stay. To find out more about our child friendly facilities and services, take a look at the Kid Zone information:
Make the most of an array of on-site activities from gala dining to yoga classes, spa treatments and bike rides. Surfing, golf, horse riding and cultural wonders are also available nearby. If this sounds like your ideal getaway, make an enquiry today.