The location is beautiful, the villa is glamorous, and the food is delicious, and yet a major appeal of the villas is the welcome given to our young guests, including our own version of a Kids Club to ensure the littlest of guests are equally well looked after.
“It was so nice to finally find a true luxury destination where kids fitted right in.”
The thought and attention given to young guests at our villas means that having children along for the holiday no longer results in adults having to forego rejuvenating and pampering private villas for generic 5 star resorts. Babies, toddlers and children will feel right at home with their own fun menu and drinks list, beach bags, sarongs and slippers, activity centres and toys. Not to mention baby sitters if you are not travelling with your own. There is no need to battle with strollers, car seats, baby baths, Bumbos and cots as most requirements from sterilisers to high chairs and sunscreens are provided. And what is more, you can order ahead for nappies, wipes, and specific baby foods.
You will find the staff not only take great care of our little guests but they actually engage with them which means children have a wonderful experience… and this in turn allows parents to properly relax.
Another advantage of Villa Sungai and Sungai Gold is that, being compact villas, parents can at all times be aware of where their children are whilst not needing to be always watching out for them, as you will hear them interacting with the staff somewhere nearby.
Should adults have all the fun? Sungai’s famed personal service doesn’t stop at mum and dad.
Your children will thank you for their own 5-page dining/drinks menu; their own sandals, sarongs, little chairs, toys, books, pool toys….They can expect afternoon tea parties with children of the local Villa Sungai team, hair braiding and kite making, and participation in a gamelan performance in our Bali Villa kids holiday program
They’ll be sashed up in authentic sarongs and shown how to prepare offerings for each of the shrines dotted around the villa grounds. Kids can choose their own fabric and have traditional outerwear made for ‘show and tell’ back home. Quite simply, junior’s wish is our command.
Mini pedi and mani around the pool? No problem. Full dance performance at the villa with gamelan orchestra and local children? Of course, just ask. Mini golf, beach picnics, bird parks, snorkelling, quad bike riding, elephant safaris and even submarines can be arranged at the click of tiny fingers.
The following Five Star Kids article details all of the provisions made for our little guests:
The traditions and culture of Bali beckon from every corner of Sungai & Sungai Gold, and to enhance that for our younger guests we have added a number of personalised experiences highlighting the traditional village, and unlike the segregated experience at other resorts, these activities will be offered where their parents can observe/enjoy their children’s excitement or participate if they would like, or they can relax with their book and cocktails poolside or luxuriate in the spa facility, knowing their children are having as much fun as them and are in the hands of the caring friendly staff they have come to know so well during their stay.
At the villas:
- Kite making
- Mini manicures/pedicures and massages
- Afternoon tea party – with children of the staff with home-made cake/cookies
- Preparation of offerings and placing of them – at each of the temples/shrines dotted around the villa grounds. To do this they will be put into their own sarong (provided to all children) and sashed up as a part of the tradition and a mark of respect.
- A visit to a local fabric shop – where locals buy their ceremonial clothes, to be fitted for their own outfit that can be worn to our local temple and to ‘show and tell’ back at their own school.
- A dance performance by 2 little local girls – just 15 minutes so it doesn’t test attention levels.
- A gamelan performance by 2 members of the village orchestra – during which the children are encouraged to participate.
In the village:
- A village tour – including the temple that sits above the villas; rice paddies/fields with explanation of planting seasons, techniques, etc; wood carving factory where they can watch a range of items being made at any one time; stop at a local warung to see all the goods on offer including fresh local produce; and interaction with local villagers and their children as they wander through the village.
- A school visit – where younger guests can take part in a class and meet the children and headmaster and play with the children later
- Participation in one of the regular local temple ceremonies – if it coincides with their visit (in their new ceremonial garb)
Of course this is in addition to the many famous tourist attractions across the island and water and adventure activities that can be accessed with the round-the-clock chauffeured vehicles available to our guests. Children can also access the Kids Club at the Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort (20 minutes away).
Provisions for Children
- Complimentary same-day laundry
- Children’s rooms with special locks for overnight, and 2 inter-connecting rooms available at both villas
- Night lights
- Infant amenities can be ordered in advance of your arrival eg: nappies, nappy wipes, baby oil, specialty foods, milks, etc
- Highchairs and strollers
- Bumbo babysitter combos with play trays (3-12mths)
- Cots/cribs; baby change mats, baby baths, potty, Bumbo potty seat/toilet trainer
- Bed rails
- Pandan slippers 3yrs+
- Sarongs for all toddlers and children
- 30 min massages at USD10
- Children’s cutlery; baby feeding spoons; spare baby bottles; microwave bottle sterilizer
- The villa has facility to heat bottles at any time of day/night
- Kids Club Menu (the chefs are totally flexible with children’s meal and snack times)
- A children’s ledge in both signature infinity pools
- Back float (2-6yrs) – conforms to European/Australian standards; Floaties
- SPF30+ very high protection children’s 4hr water resistant sunscreen
- Jnr (up to 14yrs) and jnr kids (up to 6yrs) swimming goggles with maximum UV protection
- Swimming vests 15-25kgs (2-3yrs); (3-8yrs)
- Fully certified and fully complies with Australian Standards AS1900
- The option of a pool fence [95% of our guests choose not to use this option as, with the pools being such focal/central features (with no hidden areas) and with staff on duty at all times, a fence has proven to be unnecessary, and if booked is often removed once the parents see the villa]
- A range of toys; and buckets, spades and beach bags for beach visits
- An easel; an activity/meals table; an adjustable basketball hoop for 3yrs+
- A triangular children’s gym with climbing, sliding and hiding components
- Colouring books and pencils, reading books
- Board games
- Two children’s bikes (one with trainer wheels) for up to 8yr olds
- Your car has at least two rear seatbelts – not the norm in Bali – so that your child safety seats can be installed to make traveling more comfortable for everyone.
- Car seats of the highest quality (Safe’n’Sound Maxi Rider; Safe’n’Sound high-back booster seat)
- Safe-n-Sound Child Safety Harness
- Booster cushions
View Sungai through the eyes of some of our previous guests with a variety of reviews from the parents that have brought their children along for their stay:
Here at Sungai Bali we work hard to ensure our clients truly enjoy their experience. To find out more about our Bali Villa kids holiday program and family care, book an enquiry with us today.
We are a family of 6: (8, 6, 3, 1) Sungai was without a doubt the perfect choice for us.Nicole Wise